- 500 g Fresh Pumpkin
- 20 ml Olive Oil (or Avocado Oil)
- 2 Medium Shallots
- 4 Cloves Garlic
- 500 ml Vegetable Broth
- 240 ml Coconut Milk
- 30 ml Maple Syrup
- 20 g Roasted Pumpkin Seeds (optional)
- 10 g Fresh Thyme (optional)
- 1 Tsp Sea Salt & Black Pepper
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Cinnamon & Nutmeg
- This recipe requires a high speed blender or a hand blender.
- Start the recipe by pre-heating the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Make available a baking tray with parchment paper over.
- With a very sharp knife, remove the bottom/top of the Pumpkin and cut it in half. Using a large and sharp spoon, remove completely the seed and all the strings attached.
- Brush the flesh of the Pumpkin with the Olive Oil, and place it facing down on the baking tray. Bake it for 45-50 minutes or until the skin is easily pieced by a fork. Remove the Pumpkin from the oven and leave it to cool for at least 10 minutes, then remove the skin by peeling it off.
- Using a large cooking pot over medium heat, add the Olive Oil, Shallots, and Garlic. Cook the ingredients for 3 minutes or until it developed a brown and translucent appearance.
- To the same cooking pot, add the Pumpkin and the remaining ingredients (apart from the Pumpkin Seeds), and bring the pot to a simmer.
- Turn off the heat, and blend the soup until creamy and smooth by using a hand blender. After blending, continue to cook in a medium heat for another 10 minutes, and it’s done.