- 8 Medium Apples (Granny Smith or Cooking Apples)
- 1 Lemon Juiced
- 130 g Coconut Sugar
- 10 g Cinnamon
- 20 g Cornstarch (or Arrowroot Starch)
- 60 ml Apple Juice
- 10 g Fresh Ginger (grated)
- 1 Pinch Nutmeg (ground)
- 100 g Rolled Oats (or GF Oats)
- 50 g Ground Unpeeled Almonds
- 70 g Wheat Flour
- 100 g Coconut Sugar
- 110 g Muscovado Sugar (or Brown Sugar)
- 50 g Pecan Nuts (roughly chopped)
- 5 g Cinnamon (ground)
- 120 ml Coconut Oil (melted)
- 5 g Sea Salt
- Start by pre-heating the oven to around 180 degrees Celsius.
- Peel all the apple, chop in the middle, remove the core, and with the knife, thinly slice lengthwise.
- Inside a mixing bowl, place the sliced apples together with all the other filling ingredients. With bare hands or with a large spoon, mix all together. Add the mixture over a 22x33cm baking tray (or around).
- Using the same mixing bowl, wash and rinse. Add inside all the topping ingredients, and mix to combine. With bare hands, break down any clump of sugar it may appear. Pour the mixture over the apples in an evenly way.
- Bake the tray for 50-60 minutes or until the filling is boiling and bubbly, the apples are tender and the topping is with a golden brown appearance.
- Let the tray cool down for another 20 minutes before serving. We recommend serving with Vegan Vanilla Ice-Cream.